"Just another day in hospitality" turned into something significant and influential when Debbie Rottier said yes to the call of the ministry."This is what I want to do," she prayed. "I want to serve the saints, reach out to the lonely, and minister to those who bless our mission with their teachings." All of a sudden, the drudgery she had once felt was replaced with anticipation for each new day, fresh with inspiration, creativity, and a continuous flow of the gifting God had instilled in her.
In A Cup of Cold Water Debbie Rottier shows that what makes a person or a home hospitable can be as simple as offering a stranger or friend something to drink. Her rich experiences, practical and creative suggestions, and time-tested recipes invite readers around the world to first and foremost consider the love of Jesus Christ in ministering to others.
In these pages you will
- Learn how to get started in serving home, church, and ministry communities
- Receive new inspiration in offering hospitality even when your schedule is already full
- Discover ways to serve cross-culturally in the nations of the world
- Learn specifics on handling hospitality set up, clean up, and everything else that might come up
- Find reproducible checklists and recipes to use in ministry
"Showing hospitality is not something we do; it is who we are and what we live. Debbie has done an amazing job helping new generation YWAMers understand the heart of God in living a lifestyle of hospitality. Her book is like a cup of cold water, refreshing every time!"
- Marjolein Coghi, YWAM base leader, San José, Costa Rica
"In 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, Paul includes hospitality as a requirement for spiritual leadership. Why is it so important? Because it expresses the heart of God to honor people and embrace what is new, foreign, or different. . . . I commend Debbie [Rottier] to you. Learn from her all you can about this important spiritual leadership gift-hospitality."
- Loren Cunningham, Founder, Youth With A Mission
"I wish every host or hostess could read and apply the advice given in this book. Battle-weary missionaries will thank you for your efforts."
- Roger Reeck, Wycliffe Bible Translators, La Ceiba, Honduras
Debbie Rottier joined Youth With A Mission in 1982. She has managed ministry hospitality departments, run hospitality seminars, and provided oversight to hospitality teams for major events and conferences throughout YWAM. She has a special heart for missionary moms. Debbie, her husband, Arnold, and their three children serve together in YWAM.
Pages: 172 (paperback 8 1/2" x 11")
For the author's blog, Click Here
Kindle edition (e-book), Click Here